Ever feel like getting the results while doing absolutely nothing?! Haven't we all! Well, this is one way you can, and if you do even a little extra it'll go a long way.
Being inverted, such as lying on a slant board, just 20 minutes a day is one of the greatest ways to correct our health problems and maintain a healthy body - the mind clears, the complexion improves, and the skin glows.*
Inversion of the body takes pressure off of the internal organs and their function and allows them to shift to a more natural placement to operate at optimum performance.*
- Increase blood flow to the head*
- Nourish & oxygenate the brain*
- Reduce fatigue*
- Strengthen & firm muscle tone*
- Stretch the spine & musculature*
- Help you look better & feel younger*
And that's just for the normal, daily health tidbits that we become more aware of as we get older or encounter injuries and pains throughout the aging process. But, being inverted also helps out with weight and fitness.*
Flatten Your Stomach!*
With the help of a few exercises, you can improve your abdomen by strengthening it and creating mobility. Remember - "If you don't use it, you lose it!" As time goes on, our lives can shift away from the active lifestyle we were used to when we were younger - taking care of the kids, working more, binge-watching shows - it all uses up time and energy! And we wonder why our bodies ache, why we feel old, thinking, "I used to be able to do this, and be faster, stronger, and have more energy!" Well, a big part of it is that we've stopped using our body! We've stopped using our muscles and legs and arms and stopped stretching, etc. It's just been stagnant!
What happens to a car when you let it sit there for months or even years? It'll rust, get stiff, the battery dies, there's dust everywhere on it, and it wears away from the elements. You'll need to clean it. Maybe even take the car in for some repairs, because it hasn't been turned on for some time. THAT'S what happens to our bodies! Our muscles haven't been used for some time, so they aren't as strong or aren't used to running, etc. So, the body can ache at first. But all that we need to do is get back into a routine, or just start being somewhat active again such as a light workout or simply walking 30 minutes a day, because your body just needs a few times of exercising to get used to it again! :)
For a slant board, you can do sit ups, leg raises, glute squeezing exercises, and a lot more. A good routine to do for your "core" (abdomen) is:
- 3 sets of 5-10 sit ups
- 3 sets of 5-10 leg raises (whether inverted or not, just raise both of your legs until you feel your abdominal muscles engage)
- 3 sets of 5-10 flutter kicks (raise both your legs to the point where you feel your abdominal muscles engage, then move one leg up a few inches while you move the other one down, then reverse the legs in the other direction a few inches, so that you're basically kicking your legs as if you were swimming)
Note: These are just a few exercises to help your core. Start off slowly and increase as you get stronger and more agile in the abdominal region. Feel free to increase these sets and/or reps to an amount that you can do comfortably.*
Benefits of lying and exercising on a slant board:
- Flatten your abdomen*
- Clear complexion*
- Natural face lift*
- Tone your buttocks*
- Reduce body sag*
- More sex appeal*
- Weight loss*
- Promote hair growth*
- Improve digestion & elimination*
What Do I Need and Where Can I Get It?
There are plenty of options out there leaving the choice up to you and what you'd like:
- Workout bench - this is a common piece of equipment in any gym, and can double as an inversion table for you to lie on with your legs on the elevated part. They can cost as low as $35-$60.
- Slant board - this option can come as a one-piece board or a easily storable fold-up board. These can get pricey out there, starting at around $400, but are comfortable to lie on with the padded top and will last a long time.
- Sectional incline mat - there are number of these on the internet, but serve the same purpose. They range around $130-$160 and are really soft, but firm.
- Inflatable slant board - these are another soft option. You can find them in the $120-$160 range.
- Hardware store - this is the most cost-effective options. All you need is a regular door or plank that you can get at any Home Depot or Lowes hardware store for around $20-$30. You can prop up one end of it about 1-2 feet and lie down with your legs on the elevated part.